CHD Awareness Week is February 7th - 14th, 2010, however it is not recognized by every state.
As a heart mama to a beautiful CHD baby, I try to do what I can to increase awareness about America's #1 Birth Defect, Congenital Heart Defects.
The Congenital Heart Information Network has joined forces with families, individuals, non-profit organizations, support groups, and health professionals by participating in a campaign to increase public awareness of Congenital Heart Defects and Childhood Heart Disease. They are a driving force in getting every state to recognize CHD Awareness Week!
About a month ago, I wrote Missouri Governor Nixon and requested a proclamation to make CHD Awareness Week official. Just heard back today that the proclamation is approved and will be mailed to me next week!
To date, 24 states have issued proclamations, and Missouri is now the 25th.
Another small step in the fight to raise CHD Awareness on a BIGGER level!


