Have Time to Read?

Max Gerber’s My Heart vs. the Real World is a photo documentary volume that explores the lives of children with congenital heart disease (CHD) through striking black-and-white photographs and interviews with subjects and their families.
Ten chapters each spotlight a single child and in an additional chapter, the author writes about his own experience of growing up and living with CHD. The images and personal accounts reveal how, compared with someone healthy, a chronically ill child develops adult attitudes in a much different way. These are stories of how CHD patients and their families cope with and overcome extraordinary obstacles and learn about themselves during the process.
My Heart vs. the Real World is sometimes funny, sometimes sad, always thought-provoking, and altogether human. For more info about Max Gerber's book, click here.


1 comment:

  1. I've seen this book posted around but never really knew the whole story behind it. I might have to check that out. Thanks for sharing!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I heart CHD Babies!